- Avoid direct sun exposure & tanning beds for 2 weeks prior to your appointment. We will not treat “tanned” skin.
- Women that are pregnant should not receive chemical peels. If you are nursing and would like to pursue treatment we ask that you consult your PCP for clearance.
- Your provider can help guide you on your specific products and make recommendations on what to avoid. As a general rule active ingredients such as acids (glycolic, salicylic, etc), retinol products (Rx or over the counter) or topical prescriptions such as antibiotic or steroid creams should be avoided for 7 days prior to your appointment. The exception to this would be if you are using our suggested Environ Vitamin A treatment cream or serum (Youth Essentia A or Skin Essentia A. These products should always be used leading up to your treatment.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or depilatory use 7 days prior to your appointment.
- If you are prone to Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pretreating with an antiviral medication for 2 days prior to your treatment and two days post treatment. Dream Spa Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- if you are currently taking or have taken Isotretinoin or any Accutane type medications we suggest that you wait at least 6 months before pursuing any aesthetic procedures.
- We ask that if you are currently taking oral antibiotics or steroids that you discontinue the medication for 10 days prior to your appointment.
- We strongly suggest that if you are moving forward with pigmentation removal treatments, whether it be just a few stubborn spots or treating years of sun damage that you begin using homecare products that are tyrosinase inhibitors. These are ingredients that block your melanocytes from producing more melanin. Melanin is produced and travels to the skin’s surface for many reasons, sun, heat, pollution, etc. Using these products will help to ensure that once we remove the lesions, the ingredients will prevent them from returning. We suggest using a SkinCeuticals Vitamin C product mixed with Environ’s Melafade System. These products work together to fight all of the external effects on your melanocytes and will greatly improve your results. We suggest using these products prior to treatment but it is not a requirement. However, continuing to use these products post treatment will be a key component in your journey to reclaim your radiant complexion.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body to function at it’s best and will help to accelerate your healing time as well as enhance results.
- Each peel and manufacturer will have their own specific post care instructions and guidelines to follow. Your provider will go through these instructions with you and make any additional recommendations necessary.
- Generally you can expect all of the peels in our portfolio to produce mild to moderate redness and possible swelling. This will typically subside in 24-48 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating for at least 48 hours. Excessive heat should be avoided for the duration of your healing process.
- Your skin may feel tight and itchy for the days directly following the peel and during the shedding process. We suggest applying SkinCeuticals Hydra Balm a few times per day to help with this and also to keep your epidermis protected and in the healing phase.
- You may also apply Hydrocortisone or take an oral Antihistamine if the itching is bothersome to you. If itching persists despite these processes and/or multiple days pass with no relief or if you begin to develop a rash or excessive irritation, please call us to schedule a follow up during which a provider will make appropriate recommendations.
- Your provider will make appropriate home care recommendations tailored to your specific plan but a general rule is to avoid all active ingredients such as acids (glycolic, salicylic, etc), retinol products (Rx or over the counter) or topical prescriptions such as antibiotic or steroid creams until your skin feels “back to normal” or a minimum of 5 days. The exception to this would be if you are using our suggested Environ Vitamin A treatment cream or serum (Youth Essentia A or Skin Essentia A). These products can be used as early as the following day post mild peels and within 2-3 days after moderate to severe peels.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or depilatory use for 2 weeks post treatment.
- Avoid any additional aesthetic services including Wrinkle Relaxers and Dermal Fillers until your skin is fully healed or a minimum of two weeks has passed. The exception to this is if your treatment is mild and you and your practitioners have discussed and agreed that you may proceed with Wrinkle Relaxers immediately following your peel treatment.
- Always use a physical protectant SPF (Zinc Oxide, Titanium dioxide) and reapply throughout the day. We strongly recommend ISDIN Eryfotona Actinica as a base in the morning and ISDIN Mineral brush for reapplying throughout the day.
- We advise keeping the treated area moist. Allowing the flaking process to organically happen and DO NOT pull or pick at the skin, this may cause unwanted hyperpigmentation and/or irritation.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable. If you are experiencing an emergency outside of our open hours, please call our clinical emergency line at 781-222-0176.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!