- It is best to avoid direct sun exposure or tanning beds for a few days prior to your appointment. It is not a necessity, as we are able to tailor our ingredients to your skin and help it to heal from any kind of adverse reaction to the sun, but it is always best practice to be mindful of your sun exposure. Not having visible sun exposure will also allow your provider to incorporate more active ingredients into your facial, allowing for an elevated outcome.
- If your skin tends to be more on the sensitive side it is best to avoid using your active ingredients such as acids, retinols or topical prescriptions 2-4 days prior to your appointment. The exception to this would be if you are using our suggested Environ Vitamin A treatment cream or serum (Youth Essentia A or Skin Essentia A). These products should always be used leading up to your treatment.
- If your skin falls into a “normal” range or if you already have an established treatment plan you may continue with your normal homecare routine.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or depilatory use 4 days prior to your appointment.
- If you are prone to Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pre-treating with an antiviral medication for 2 days leading up to your treatment and two days post. Dream Spa Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription for this medication assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at its best and will help to accelerate your healing time as well as enhance results.
- Mild redness can be expected, based on the selected treatment and level of intensity. This will typically subside within hours.
- Your provider will send you home with SkinCeuticals PhytoCorrective Masque or a calming product that they feel best suits your needs. It's great to sleep in this mask overnight to further calm your skin and enhance your post facial glow!
- Your provider may opt to have you avoid certain acids (glycolic, salicylic, etc), Retinol products (Rx or over the counter) or topical prescriptions such as antibiotic or steroid creams for up to 5 days following your facial if your treatment was sensitizing.
- It is best to protect your new glowing skin by avoiding direct sun exposure or use of tanning beds for a few days post treatment
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or depilatory use for at least 5 days
- Always use a physical protectant SPF (Zinc Oxide, Titanium dioxide) and reapply throughout the day. We strongly recommend ISDIN Erytofona Actinica as a base in the morning and ISDIN Mineral brush for reapplying throughout the day.
- It is possible that you may experience slight tightness or itching after your facial. Although this is not ideal, it should subside within a day or two. If you are experiencing these symptoms for longer than 2 days or if a rash begins to form, please call us to schedule a follow up during which a provider can make the appropriate recommendations.
- You may proceed with any cosmetic procedures or Injectable treatments immediately following your facial. In fact we encourage you to do so. We feel working on freshly exfoliated and appropriately cared for skin responds so much better to further enhancements.
Patients with active acne may experience a flare-up, or purging, post treatment. Proper home care and compliance are going to be so crucial to managing this condition. This typically happens in your initial visits but with consistency, trust and compliance this will not continue and you will have the clear skin that you deserve!
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable. If you are experiencing an emergency outside of our open hours, please call our clinical emergency line at 781-222-0176.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!