- Women that are pregnant should not receive laser treatment. If you are nursing and would like to pursue treatment we ask that you consult your PCP for clearance.
- Avoid direct sun exposure & tanning beds for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Please avoid using self-tanners for 2 weeks prior to your appointment specifically in the area to be treated. If you have used self tanner outside of the 2 week timeframe we ask that you please exfoliate the area to ensure no remnants of the product are left in the area to be treated. The self tanner could compromise your treatment as the laser cannot distinguish between self tanner and melanin (a common target for all laser wavelengths) therefore the laser may not reach its intended target. More importantly the laser energy could burn the surface of the skin since the laser is targeting the “tanned area” instead of the intended treatment area.
- Your provider can help guide you on your specific products and make recommendations on what to avoid, but as a general rule active ingredients such as acids (glycolic, salicylic, etc), retinol products (Rx or over the counter) or topical prescriptions such as antibiotic or steroid creams should be avoided 7 days prior to your appointment. The exception to this would be if you are using our suggested Environ Vitamin A treatment cream or serum (Youth Essentia A or Skin Essentia A). These products should always be used leading up to your treatment.
- Please inform us of any tattoos or permanent makeup in the treatment area. We want to be sure to avoid treating near any ink as the laser may disturb or discolor the area.
- For our patients that have dark/coarse hair in the area to be treated we ask that you please shave the day of your appointment.
- If you are prone to Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pretreating with an antiviral medication for 2 days prior to your treatment and two days post treatment. Dream Spa Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- We ask that if you are currently taking oral antibiotics or steroids that you discontinue the medication for 10 days prior to your appointment.
- If you are currently taking or have taken Isotretinoin or any Accutane type medications we ask that you wait at least 6 months before pursuing any aesthetic procedures.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at it’s best as well as help to accelerate your healing time and enhance results.
- Mild redness and swelling can be expected. This typically subsides within 24 hours.
- Your provider will send you home with SkinCeuticals PhytoCorrective Masque or a calming product that they feel best suits your needs. It's great to sleep in this mask overnight to further calm your skin and enhance your results!
- It is imperative that patients being treated with laser genesis as a therapy to address inflammatory conditions such as Rosacea, Inflamed Acne, and general redness concerns incorporate these calming products into their daily homecare routines. Your provider may recommend alternating SkinCeuticals PhytoCorrective Masque and Face Reality Sulfur treatment as masking options. It is the game changer in managing and maintaining your results.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, sweating, and excessive temperatures for 24 hours.
- If you are experiencing sensitivity or a mild/moderate rash like appearance on your skin you may apply Hydrocortisone or take an oral Antihistamine. If symptoms do not improve over a 48 hour period with these interventions, please call us to schedule a follow up so a provider can make the appropriate recommendations.
- Your provider will make appropriate home care recommendations tailored to your specific plan but a general rule is to avoid all active ingredients such as acids (glycolic, salicylic, etc), retinol products (Rx or over the counter) or topical prescriptions such as antibiotic or steroid creams until your skin feels “back to normal” or for a minimum of 2 days. The exception to this would be if you are using our suggested Environ Vitamin A treatment cream or serum (Youth Essentia A or Skin Essentia A). These products can be used as early as the following day.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or depilatory use for 2 weeks post treatment.
- Always use a physical protectant SPF (Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide) and reapply throughout the day. We strongly recommend ISDIN Eryfotona Actinica as a base in the morning and ISDIN Mineral brush for reapplying throughout the day.
- We strongly discourage you from exposing the treated area directly to the sun and encourage you to avoid the use of tanning beds for at least 2 weeks following this procedure.
- You may proceed with any cosmetic procedures or injectable treatments immediately following your treatment. It is best to wait a week for any additional aesthetic services. We are always happy to make accommodations when scheduling to ensure that you are able to receive all of the treatments that you are interested in as long as they can be performed on the same day. We know your time is valuable and we want to make it seamless for you to make Dream Spa Medical your one stop shop for all your cosmetic needs.
In extremely rare instances, this treatment could result in reduced hair growth. This would only be possible if the hair in the area that is treated is very dark and coarse. If this is a concern for you please discuss this with your provider and they can assess and make appropriate recommendations. This does not apply to eyebrows and “peach fuzz”; it applies primarily to areas such as a beard or sideburns where reduced growth may be undesirable.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!