- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not be treated with PRP/PRF Injections.
- We suggest that if you are actively trying to conceive that you consult your physician before being treated with PRP/PRF Injections.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks' time in between any vaccinations and your treatment.
- It is best to avoid alcohol & blood thinning medications (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc) 24-48 hours prior to your treatment. This may increase your risk of bruising.
- Bruising is always a risk with this procedure. For this reason we recommend taking Arnica tablets for 5 days leading up to your procedure.
- If you are prone to and being treated in an area that may cause a Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pretreating with an antiviral medication for 2 days prior to your treatment and two days post. Dream Spa Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at it’s best and help to accelerate your healing time as well as enhance results. We strongly encourage increasing your hydration by 30-50% for this procedure as it drastically improves the quality of the growth factor content that we are able to extract from your blood.
- You may consider having at least a snack or a small meal within an hour of your appointment. Getting injected with needles and/or having your blood taken can at times cause you to feel “queasy” or unwell. It always helps to have a little something in your stomach to combat those feelings. We keep juice and snack bars on hand in case you need a little pick me up mid treatment!
- The treated area will feel sensitive and tender to the touch. This should resolve within 24-48 hours.
- Bruising and swelling can be expected and will subside within 3-7 days. Most of the swelling is actually the fluid or plasma portion of the product being absorbed by your body as the platelet portion of the product creates the growth stimulating matrix. We suggest icing the area immediately post treatment by applying the ice pack on and off for about 30 seconds. You may continue this process for 5-15 minutes every 3-5 hours through the day. You may also apply Arnica gel to the treated areas to help speed up the healing process.
- Avoid heavy lifting, strenuous activity and excessive sweating for 24 hours-48 hours.
- Visible injection marks are normal and to be expected in most cases. This usually subsides within 24 hours. You may apply makeup after this timeframe.
- Treated areas should be cared for gently when washing your face or applying products. It is best not to touch or manipulate the treated area.
- Do not scratch or pick at the injection sites, this may cause infection.
- We suggest waiting a minimum of 1 week before any additional treatments such as facials, peels, laser treatments, etc.
- Try to sleep on your back, with your head elevated, for 1-2 nights.
PRP/PRF injectable treatments are highly effective treatments that utilize your body's own natural growth factors to rejuvenate areas of concern. These treatments are most effective when combined with collagen induction therapy and done as part of a series.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!