QWO is a minimally invasive procedure that involves injecting a solution (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) directly into cellulite dimples to treat moderate to severe cellulite in the buttocks of women. Resolution and full fading will occur within 3 months. 3 sessions are required 3-4 weeks apart.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not be treated with QWO.
- We suggest that if you are actively trying to conceive that you consult your physician before being treated with QWO.
- Please allow two weeks before and after any vaccinations and your treatment.
- It is best to avoid smoking, alcohol & blood thinning medications 48 hours prior to your treatment. You may want to discontinue Ibuprofen and fish oil 5 days prior to your procedure. This is not mandatory to perform the treatment but it can and/or will lessen your risk of bruising.
- Avoid direct sun exposure & tanning beds for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Please avoid the use of sunless tanner for at least 10 days prior to your treatment. Please ensure that you fully exfoliate any remnants of tanning product off your skin prior to your appointment.
- It is best if you arrive to your appointment free of makeup, perfume, lotion or deodorant in the treatment area.
- Please do not shave or use depilatories on legs the day of the procedure. Shower and thoroughly wash your legs prior to the procedure.
- We suggest that you wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing to your appointment.
- -We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at it’s best and help to accelerate your healing time as well as enhance results.
- The treated area will feel uncomfortable and tender to the touch immediately post treatment. The treated area will remain sore and tender for 2-3 days. You can expect that the treated area will develop moderate to severe bruising & swelling that may last 2-3 weeks.
- We strongly encourage you to avoid direct sun exposure to the treated area or the use of tanning beds for the duration of your treatment course. Exposing the treated area directly to the sun will significantly increase the risk of prolonged hyperpigmentation in the treatment area.
- Always use a physical protectant SPF (Zinc Oxide, Titanium dioxide) and reapply throughout the day if you plan to be outdoors and exposing the treated area for any amount of time.
- Avoid the use of perfumes, lotions and deodorant in the treated area for 24 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, sweating, and excessive temperatures for 24-48 hours.
- Do not scratch or pick at the injection sites, this may cause infection.
- Continue to avoid all aspirin and blood thinning medications for 4 days after your treatment as this may increase your post treatment bruising.
- Swelling and bruising is typically severe and will resolve. Hyperpigmentation may last for 3-6 months.
- The treated area may feel lumpy or hard during the course of treatment. We suggest a light self-massage daily to help encourage circulation to the area and loosening of the undesirable lumps.
- We suggest a course of 3-6 velashape treatments upon completion of your Qwo treatment to assist in smoothing and tightening the skin in the areas that have been treated.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!