- Women that are pregnant should not receive Ultherapy. If you are nursing and would like to pursue treatment we ask that you consult your PCP for clearance.
- It is not mandatory to avoid sun exposure prior to your treatment. It is advised to be mindful of your sun exposure as we do not want to treat over compromised skin. We suggest always using a physical protectant SPF (Zinc Oxide, Titanium dioxide) and reapply throughout the day. We strongly recommend ISDIN Eryfotona Actinica and The ISDIN Mineral brush for reapplying throughout the day.
- Please discontinue the use of all blood thinning medications. This includes prescription medication that is indicated to thin the blood (please check with your physician prior to discontinuing any prescribed blood thinning medication). We advise you to consider discontinuing Ibuprofen and fish oil 5 days prior to your procedure. This is not mandatory to perform the Ultherapy treatment but it can lessen your risk of bruising.
- We suggest having your neuromodulator treatments performed either 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks post your Ultherapy procedure.
- Your provider will make a thorough plan with you as to what your rejuvenation journey will look like with Dream Spa Medical, keeping in mind that it is best to avoid Ultherapy treatments for at least 2 months post Dermal Fillers Injections.
- It is best for our female clients to schedule outside of your monthly cycle, to avoid increased discomfort.
- We offer ProNox, a pain and anxiety coping treatment. Your provider can discuss further options with you if you require a more intensive pain reducing product.
- We advise taking 800mg of Tylenol or Ibuprofen 30 minutes prior to your appointment. A single dose of Ibuprofen shortly before your treatment will not increase bruising.
- You may consider arnica tablet supplements 5 days prior to your appointment, to help reduce the possibility of prolonged bruising.
- We ask that if you are currently taking Oral Antibiotics or Steroids that you stop taking the medication for 10 days prior to your appointment. If you have an upcoming appointment scheduled we will be happy to reschedule.
- If you are currently taking or have taken Isotretinoin or any Accutane type medications we advise waiting at least 6 months before pursuing any cosmetic treatments.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body to function at it’s best and will help to accelerate your healing time as well as enhance results.
- You can expect mild to moderate redness and a possible hive or “welting” like appearance on the skin. This should subside within 48 hours. Cool compresses may be applied to soothe the skin.
- Mild to moderate swelling can be expected. You can expect the swelling to subside within a week to 10 days.
- Tenderness to touch, tingling & numbness are normal. This typically subsides in 3-4 weeks.
- Bruising is always a possibility. You may consider an arnica oral supplement for 5-7 days post treatment.
- If your forehead was treated you may have a mild headache, stinging, or a hair pulling sensation in your scalp following the treatment. When this occurs it usually lasts less than 24 hours but on rare occasions can continue to be sporadically bothersome for up to a week.
- You may immediately apply makeup following the treatment and there are no post-procedure limitations on physical activity.
There are two phases of correction after Ultherapy. The first is collagen contracture, which is literally occurring as we perform the procedure. As a result, many patients will appreciate a subtle, but distinct, improvement in their appearance within a few days following the treatment. Ultimately the more impressive correction is from collagen stimulation. Your body responds to the controlled pinpoint thermal injuries placed in the deep tissue by creating new collagen fibers. Collagen fiber formation can take several months, so the final results from Ultherapy may take up to 6 months.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!