*Wrinkle Relaxers are also known as Neuromodulators. Popular wrinkle relaxers include: Botox, Xeomin & Dysport.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not be treated with wrinkle relaxers.
- We suggest that if you are actively trying to conceive that you consult your Physician before being treated with wrinkle relaxers.
- Please allow two weeks before and after any vaccinations and your treatment.
- It is best to avoid alcohol & blood thinning medications (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc) 24-48 hours prior to your treatment. This may increase your risk of bruising.
- If you are prone to and being treated in an area that may cause a Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pretreating with an antiviral medication for 2 days prior to your treatment and two days post. Dream Spa Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at it’s best and help to accelerate your healing time as well as enhance results.
- You may consider having at least a snack or a small meal within an hour of your appointment. Getting injected with needles can at times cause you to feel “queasy” or unwell. It always helps to have a little something in your stomach to combat those feelings. We keep juice and snack bars on hand in case you need a little pick me up mid treatment!
- The treatment area may feel sensitive or tender to the touch. This should resolve within 24hours.
- Avoid heavy lifting, strenuous activity and sweating for 24 hours-48 hours.
- Visible injection marks are normal and to be expected in most cases. This usually subsides within 24 hours.
- Treated areas should be cared for gently when washing your face or applying products. It is best to not touch or manipulate the treated area.
- Do not scratch or pick at the injection sites, this may cause infection.
- We suggest waiting a full two weeks before any additional treatments such as facials, peels, laser treatments, etc.
- Wrinkle relaxers may take up to a full 2 weeks to see your final results. For this reason we strongly recommend waiting this time before any further or additional treatment with wrinkle relaxers.
- Try to sleep on your back, with your head elevated, for 1-2 nights.
All wrinkle relaxers take time to activate and settle into your muscle. The time it takes varies for everyone. You can expect to see your product “kicking in” anywhere between 5-14 days. All wrinkle relaxers begin to “wear off” over time. For consistent and optimal results we recommend treatment every 3 months.
Although our skilled providers take many precautions in attempt to prevent bruising it is a possibility and is an expected and normal side effect of the injection process. We suggest using Arnica gel (may be found in any drugstore) after your treatment to help minimize any bruising.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable. If you are experiencing an emergency outside of our open hours, please call our clinical emergency line at 781-222-0176.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!