- Women that are pregnant or nursing are not contraindicated to receiving Collagen Induction Therapy with Hyaluronic Acid. However, we do not suggest this treatment with PRP if you are pregnant or nursing. If you are pregnant or nursing and would like to pursue treatment you may want to consult your PCP for clearance.
- We ask that you avoid direct sun exposure & tanning beds for 2 weeks prior to your appointment. Although this treatment is not specially a sun sensitive treatment, we will not treat “tanned” skin. We find that it is too risky to treat compromised skin in any way.
- Please avoid using self-tanners for 2 weeks prior to your appointment specifically in the area to be treated. If you have used self tanner outside of the 2 week timeframe we ask that you please exfoliate the area to ensure no remnants of the product are left in the area to be treated. We will be creating “open channels” in your skin and want to ensure that any products that come in contact with your skin are approved and researched by Dream Spa Medical as certain products and chemicals may trigger a reaction post treatment.
- Your provider can help guide you on your specific products and make recommendations on what to avoid, but as a general rule, active ingredients such as acids (glycolic, salicylic, etc), retinol products (Rx or over the counter) or topical prescriptions such as antibiotic or steroid creams should be avoided 7 days prior to your appointment. The exception to this would be if you are using our suggested Environ Vitamin A treatment cream or serum (Youth Essentia A or Skin Essentia A). These products should always be used leading up to your treatment.
- If you are prone to Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pretreating with an antiviral medication for 2 days prior to your treatment and two days post treatment. Dream Spa Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- We ask that if you are currently taking oral antibiotics or steroids that you discontinue the medication for 10 days prior to your appointment.
- If you are currently taking or have taken Isotretinoin or any Accutane type medications that you wait at least 6 months before pursuing any aesthetic procedures.
- It is best if you arrive to your appointment free of makeup, perfume, lotion or deodorant in the treatment area.
- We strongly suggest pre treating and conditioning your skin with Environ’s Vitamin A systems (Youth Essentia A and Skin Essentia A). This will greatly assist in your healing and results. Your provider will make appropriate product suggestions.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at it’s best as well as help to accelerate your healing time and enhance results. If you are receiving Collagen Induction Therapy with PRF (Platelet Rich Fibrin; this is your body's own natural growth factor), we suggest drinking at least your body weight in water for 72 hours prior to your treatment.
- SPF cannot be applied immediately post treatment and for 24 hours post treatment. We strongly suggest that you plan to have easy access to transportation to avoid direct sun exposure and to avoid being outside in the sun for the remainder of the day.
- Moderate redness that resembles and feels like a sunburn can be expected. This is an optimal clinical response. This sunburned appearance should resolve within 2-3 days. It will first fade to a pink color and then eventually transition back to your normal skin tone. Your skin may feel swollen and uncomfortable for these 2-3 days.
- This treatment creates tiny little micro-channels in your epidermis. This tricks your body into thinking you have a wound that requires healing. Your body then sends new collagen to the area. These channels will close within 24 hours. Dream Spa Medical will provide you with a post care treatment kit that includes Environ’s Vitamin A,C,E Oil that is to be used exclusively for the next 3 days following your treatment unless otherwise directed by your provider.
- Your skin will feel sensitized and tight while in the healing phase. You may also experience flaking of the skin and dryness. We suggest having a Hydrafacial treatment 2 weeks post Collagen Induction Therapy regardless of the area treated on your body. This will slough off the dead skin cells and further speed up the regenerative process.
- It is best to avoid direct sun exposure for at least one week following your procedure.
- Always use a physical protectant SPF (Zinc Oxide, Titanium dioxide) and reapply throughout the day.
For Face and Neck areas:
- We strongly recommend ISDIN Eryfotona Actinica as a base in the morning and ISDIN Mineral Brush for reapplying throughout the day.
- Please avoid sunless tanning for a minimum of two weeks post treatment.
- You may proceed with any neuromodulator treatment immediately following your Collagen Induction Therapy. It is best to wait two weeks to proceed with any dermal fillers as your face will be swollen and difficult to assess properly. We ask that you wait two weeks for any aesthetic services in the treatment area. We are always happy to make accommodations when scheduling to ensure that you are able to receive all of the treatments that you are interested in. We know your time is valuable and we want to make it seamless for you to make Dream Spa Medical your one stop shop for all your cosmetic needs.
Collagen Induction Therapy is an extremely safe and effective regenerative treatment. We work with Environ products, which were founded By Dr. Des Fernandes. Dr. Fernandes has been a pioneer in the field of cosmetic needling and we are grateful to learn from his teachings and apply them to optimize your results. Combining needling with Environ’s incredible home care is truly a natural and effective way to treat so many of your skin’s regenerative needs. Based upon your desired treatment and outcomes, Collagen Induction Therapy is best done in a series of at least three treatments.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!