- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not be treated with Dermal Fillers
- Women that are actively trying to conceive should consult their physician prior to receiving dermal fillers.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks' time in between any vaccinations and your treatment.
- It is best to avoid alcohol and blood thinning medications (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc) 24-48 hours prior to your treatment. This may increase your risk of bruising.
- If you have had dental work (including a cleaning) within the past two weeks, or are planning to within 2 weeks post your dermal filler treatment, we advise you to defer your treatment until the two week mark post your dental treatment.
- If you are actively on any prescription antibiotics or steroids we ask that you wait two weeks to be treated upon completion of the medication course.
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms it is best to wait until you have recovered fully to be treated.
- You may opt to take Arnica and/or Bromelain tablets for two weeks prior to your injections. This will assist with healing and bruising.
- If you are prone to and being treated in an area that may cause a Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pretreating with an Antiviral medication for 2 days prior to your treatment and two days post. Dream Spa Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body to function at it’s best and will help to accelerate your healing time as well as enhance results.
- You may consider having at least a snack or a small meal within an hour of your appointment. Getting injected with needles can at times cause one to feel “queasy” or unwell. It always helps to have a little something in your stomach to combat those feelings. We keep juice and snack bars on hand in case you need a little pick me up mid treatment!
- The treatment area will most likely feel sensitive, swollen and tender to the touch; this may last for up to two weeks. If you are experiencing excessive pain, discomfort, throbbing or excessive swelling in the treated area, please contact Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can assess if you should be seen by our team.
- Due to the lidocaine anaesthetic in the gel, you may feel numbness or tingling immediately after the procedure which will resolve within an hour.
- If you are being treated in multiple areas or if your provider is making a heavy correction involving a lot of product, you should expect your soreness, swelling, and tenderness to be more elevated. You and your provider can discuss what will fall into the “normal” range and you will be contacted via phone within 48 hours by your provider to check in and see how your treatment is settling.
- We advise that you take Tylenol for any discomfort for two weeks post treatment. It is best to avoid any type of Ibuprofen as it may increase your risk of bruising.
- Avoid heavy lifting, strenuous activity, sweating and other activities that involve heat (steam/sauna) for 48 hours.
- Visible injection marks are normal as well as bruising and to be expected in most cases. This will heal normally within two weeks. Please do not pick at the injection sites, this may cause infection.
- Treated areas should be cared for gently when washing your face or applying products. It is best to not touch or manipulate the treated area for at least 48 hours.
- We suggest waiting a full two weeks before any additional treatments such as facials, peels, laser, etc.
- Your results will develop over time as the product integrates into your existing tissue. This may take anywhere from 2-6 weeks.
- Please do not manipulate or massage any area of treatment, unless instructed to do so by your provider. Some areas require massaging, such as the neck. You will be given clear instructions tailored to your treatment before you leave. Your provider will set up a two week post procedure appointment to address any concerns or physical developments such as bumps in the treated area. Please call Dream Spa Medical if you are unsure about any of these instructions or have any questions.
- Lip filler treatments are different for all patients, please do not massage your lip filler until you have a follow up with your provider two weeks post treatment.
- Ice or clean cool compresses may be used in any area of treatment immediately after, up to 48 hours post procedure. This will help any swelling and discomfort.
- Do not apply make-up over injection points until the day after the procedure. If you need to apply something for hydration to your lips then please use aquaphor/vaseline with a clean cotton tip.
- Try to sleep on your back, with your head elevated, for 1-2 nights.
- You may opt to take Arnica tablets or apply Arnica gel for up to two weeks post treatment to assist with healing and bruising. Taking an over-the-counter antihistamine (Zyrtec, Claritin) daily may help minimize swelling.
- We advise that you should not fly on an airplane or any type of aircraft for at least 1 week post filler. The changes in air pressure and altitude can exacerbate or produce swelling.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns and ensure that you feel comfortable.
Filler is a very exciting and beautiful tool that we are able to use in order to enhance and restore your natural beauty. It is also a medical treatment that should be performed by an experienced practitioner. At Dream Spa Medical we believe that safety is of the utmost importance. For this reason we share these extremely rare but important instances to watch out for, post treatment. For two weeks following your treatment if you are experiencing any of the following, immediately reach out to Dream Spa Medical via any communication channel available and we will ensure that you are seen immediately.
- Blanching of the skin in and around the treated area (white almost opaque or frosty patch(es) on the skin)
- Pain beyond the expected level discussed with your provider. Pain that comes and goes or subsides for periods of time is most likely normal. Constant throbbing pain in and around the treated area is abnormal and should be dealt with immediately.
- A cold area that appears on your face post treatment or a constant tingling sensation.
- A rash that appears in the treated area and is accompanied by pustules or dusky discoloration of the skin.
- A fever and/or chills
- Discolored blotches in areas that were not treated begin to develop in your skin.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!