- Women that are pregnant should not receive laser treatment. If you are nursing and would like to pursue treatment we ask that you consult your PCP for clearance.
- Avoid direct sun exposure & tanning beds for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Please avoid using self-tanners for 2 weeks prior to your appointment specifically in the area to be treated. If you have used self tanner outside of the 2 week timeframe we ask that you please exfoliate the area to ensure no remnants of the product are left in the area to be treated. The self tanner could compromise your treatment as the laser cannot distinguish between self tanner and melanin (a common target for all laser wavelengths) therefore the laser may not reach its intended target. More importantly the laser energy could burn the surface of the skin since the laser is targeting the “tanned area” instead of the intended treatment area.
- Your provider will recommend a homecare system specific to your skin and acne. However, as a general rule, Acne Clinic patients should discontinue their Mandealic, Salicylic, Glycolic, and/or Acne Med topicals 2-3 days prior to their Acne Clinic Facial.
- If you are receiving an acne clinical plus treatment: please inform us of any tattoos or permanent makeup in the treatment area. We want to be sure to avoid treating near any ink as the laser may disturb or discolor the area. And for our patients that have dark/coarse hair in the area to be treated we ask that you please shave the day of your appointment.
- If you are prone to Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pretreating with an antiviral medication for 2 days prior to your treatment and two days post treatment. Dream Spa Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- We ask that if you are currently taking oral antibiotics or steroids that you discontinue the medication for 10 days prior to your appointment.
- If you are currently taking or have taken Isotretinoin or any Accutane type medications we ask that you wait at least 6 months before pursuing any aesthetic procedures.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at it’s best as well as help to accelerate your healing time and enhance results.
- Mild redness, swelling and dryness can be expected particularly in any areas where your provider performed extractions. This typically subsides within 24 hours. Most Acne Clinic patients will not peel after their facial but it is possible.
- If your Acne Clinic homecare already includes Gentle Clenaser, and Hydrabalance and/or Clearderma moisturizer, then that is what should be used for the next 2 days. No toners, acids, or other exfoliators should be used after the treatment for 2 days. After the 2 days, you may continue with your normally recommended acne clinic homecare routine.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, sweating, and excessive temperatures for 24 hours.
- If you are experiencing sensitivity or a mild/moderate rash like appearance on your skin you may apply Hydrocortisone or take an oral Antihistamine. If symptoms do not improve over a 48 hour period with these interventions, please call us to schedule a follow up so a provider can make the appropriate
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or depilatory use for 2 weeks post treatment.
- Always use a physical protectant SPF (Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide) and reapply throughout the day. The Acne Clinic SPF or Isdin mineral sunscreen is the most highly recommended.
- You may proceed with any cosmetic procedures or injectable treatments immediately following your treatment. It is best to wait a week for any additional aesthetic services. We are always happy to make accommodations when scheduling to ensure that you are able to receive all of the treatments that you are interested in as long as they can be performed on the same day. We know your time is valuable and we want to make it seamless for you to make Dream Spa Medical your one stop shop for all your cosmetic needs.
In extremely rare instances, the Acne Clinic Plus could result in reduced hair growth. This would only be possible if the hair in the area that is treated is very dark and coarse. If this is a concern for you please discuss this with your provider and they can assess and make appropriate recommendations. This does not apply to eyebrows and “peach fuzz”; it applies primarily to areas such as a beard or sideburns where reduced growth may be undesirable.
If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment with a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a monthly treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre-planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!