- Women that are pregnant should not receive the SylfirmX treatment. If you are nursing and would like to pursue treatment, we ask that you consult your PCP for clearance.
- We ask that you avoid direct sun exposure & tanning beds for 3 weeks prior to your appointment. Although this treatment is not specially a sun sensitive treatment, we will not treat “tanned” skin.
- Please avoid using self-tanners for 2 weeks prior to your appointment specifically in the area to be treated. If you have used self tanner outside of the 2 week timeframe we ask that you please exfoliate the area to ensure no remnants of the product are left in the area to be treated. The self tanner could compromise your treatment.
- Your provider can help guide you on your specific products and make recommendations on what to avoid, but as a general rule, active ingredients such as acids (glycolic, salicylic, etc), retinol products (Rx or over the counter) or topical prescriptions such as antibiotic or steroid creams should be avoided 7 days prior to your appointment. The exception to this would be if you are using our suggested Environ Vitamin A treatment cream or serum (Youth Essentia A or Skin Essentia A). These products should always be used leading up to your treatment.
- We ask that if you are currently taking oral antibiotics or steroids that you discontinue the medication for 10 days prior to your appointment.
If you are prone to Herpes Labialis outbreak, we suggest pretreating with an Antiviral medication for 2 days prior to your treatment and two days post treatment. Dream Spa
- Medical is happy to provide you with a prescription assuming that you are a candidate for this prescription.
- If you are currently taking or have taken Isotretinoin or any Accutane type medications, we suggest that you wait at least 6 months before pursuing any aesthetic procedures.
- It is best if you arrive to your appointment free of makeup, perfume, lotion or deodorant in the treatment area.
- We strongly suggest pre-treating and conditioning your skin with Environ’s Vitamin A systems (Youth Essentia A and Skin Essentia A). This will greatly assist in your healing and results. Your provider will make appropriate product suggestions.
- We also suggest avoiding topical agents that may increase sensitivity of skin (i.e. retinoids, hydroquinone, benzoyl peroxide acne products) for 1 week prior
- If you have a dental implant, please inform your provider, as they will place a gauze between your teeth and gums during the procedure to optimize safety and comfort.
- We recommend avoiding fillers, Botox, thread lifting and fat grafting in the treatment area for 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- We ask that you avoid exfoliation, microdermabrasion or phototherapy (e.g. lasers, IPL) for 2-4 weeks prior to your appointment
- It is best to avoid alcohol and blood thinning medications (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc) 24-48 hours prior to your treatment. This may increase your risk of bruising.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at its best as well as help to accelerate your healing time and enhance results.
- Immediately after your treatment, your provider will apply a calming, anti-inflammatory Exosome serum. This will help your skin heal and respond optimally to your treatment.
- You will be given an epidermal repair cream to use twice daily, morning and night, until:
Your skin feels “back to normal” or
A minimum of 2 days has passed or
Until any crusting has subsided.
- Avoid the use of perfumes, lotions and deodorants in the treated area for 72 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, sweating, and excessive temperatures such as a sauna for at least 48 hours.
- If you are treating your body, we suggest avoiding tight, constricting clothes to allow your skin to cool and heal properly.
- We strongly encourage you to avoid direct sun exposure to the treated area or the use of tanning beds for at least 2 weeks following this procedure.
- Mild to moderate swelling, redness, waffle-like marks, tingling or burning sensation are normal after treatment. We recommend applying a cool compress as this will soothe the skin. These symptoms resolve within 1 day in most cases, but in some cases depending upon the intensity of your treatment, may last for 1-5 days.
- Patients with sebaceous skin, acne or a tendency to break out, are more likely to develop pustules or folliculitis, which usually subside within 2-3 days.
If pigmented lesions were treated, they will darken and then begin to lighten within 1-2weeks.
For Face and Neck Areas:
- We strongly recommend ISDIN Eryfotona Actinica as a base in the morning and ISDIN Mineral Brush for reapplying throughout the day to preserve and protect the treated area. Please avoid sunless tanning for a minimum of two weeks post treatment.
- You may proceed with any neuromodulator treatment immediately following your treatment. It is best to wait two weeks to proceed with any dermal fillers as your face will be swollen and difficult to assess properly. We ask that you wait two weeks for any aesthetic services in the treatment area. We are always happy to make accommodations when scheduling to ensure that you are able to receive all of the treatments that you are interested in. We know your time is valuable and we want to make it seamless for you to make Dream Spa Medical your one stop shop for all your cosmetic needs.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable.
- At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to this specific treatment for a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this would be if you and your provider have developed a routine treatment plan or if you are signed up for a series of pre planned treatments such as Laser Hair Removal, in this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you. If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accomodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.