- Women that are Pregnant should not receive Emsculpt treatments
- Nursing patients should receive medical clearance from their provider
- Patients with any metal implants including but not limited to pacemakers, or copper IUD’s should disclose this information to their provider as they are contraindicated for treatment
- We have found that it is best to avoid eating a large meal prior to your appointment. We will be administering high levels of heat to your abdomen and this may make it uncomfortable during and immediately post treatment if you are very full.
- For your own comfort and convenience, it is best to remove any metal jewelry, visible or non, prior to the appointment
- We have found with all body contouring procedures that it is best if the patient is as close to their “goal weight” as possible and that their weight has been mostly stable for the past six months. Emsculpt along with all body contouring procedures is intended to contour a specific area that requires more attention than simple diet and exercise can offer. It is not intended as a weight loss procedure.
- Your provider will assess the area to be treated and ensure that no underlying conditions are present that may impede your ability to achieve your best result possible. Conditions such as a Hernia, Excessive Skin Laxity will not resolve or improve with this treatment.
- We always suggest hydrating as much as possible prior to any treatment at Dream Spa Medical. It is a great way to help your body function at its best and help to accelerate your healing time as well as enhance results. For this reason, we have a hydration protocol
- Proper hydration and a healthy active lifestyle are of the utmost importance when undergoing body contouring procedures. All of these modalities work in conjunction with your lymphatic system. The more you get your body moving and provide it with the proper nutrients the better your results will be.
- We recommend adhering to our hydration protocol for 48 hours before and after your treatment Hydration Protocol
- Generally Emsculpt is a very comfortable procedure with little to no downtime.
- In some instances patients have reported minor redness in the treated area.
- Nodules are a possibility and if they do develop, feel free to reach out to Dream Spa Medical for evaluation.
- It is recommended that patients use Environ ACE oil and lightly massage the treatment area twice a day for 5 minutes for the next 3-5 days after treatment. This will help with lymphatic drainage and prevent nodule formation.
- Emsculpt works with your body's natural lymphatic system. The energy destroys the fat cells and causes them to “die” . Your body then recognizes that this “dead cell” needs to be eliminated. To help assist in this process and prevent the likelihood of the body recycling the fat from treated tissue into other fat cells, it is best to adhere to a healthy “diet” throughout the duration of your treatment and for the 3 months after their final treatment. For best results, we recommend maintaining a healthy diet, cutting calories where possible and increasing your activity levels.
- PLEASE NOTE: Although body contouring procedures are an easy “non-invasive” way to achieve your goals, these treatments are not a magic wand that is waved over your problem areas. Impressive results are absolutely achievable and expected but require effort on both the provider’s and patient’s behalf. We are here to help guide you through this process.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms outside of the “Normal” range (those mentioned above) please reach out to Dream Spa Medical immediately so that we can work to remedy any and all issues or simply just be a listening ear to your questions and concerns to ensure that you feel comfortable.
At Dream Spa Medical we believe in having open communication and ensuring that your results are exactly as you and your provider expect them to be. For this reason we always schedule our patients that are either new to us or new to a specific treatment for a 2 week in-person follow up. This is a time for you and your provider to discuss your results and future treatments as well as go over any additional questions. The exception to this is if you and your provider have developed a routine treatment plan. In this case you will receive communication from Dream Spa Medical within 48 hours checking in on you.
If at any point in time on your journey with us you would like to schedule a follow up or speak to your provider about your most recent treatment or progress we are happy to accommodate in person, virtually, by phone or email.
We are always here to ensure that you LOOK BETTER, FEEL BETTER!